Saturday, June 15, 2013

Relation between eGFR and CKD

Some patients with chronic kidney disease CKD) are confused about the relation between eGFR and CKD. As a matter of fact, eGFR equals GFR. GFR is short for glomerular filtration rate, which is the most scientific index which can test kidney functionGlomerular filtration rate (GFR) describes the flow rate of filtered fluid through the kidney. In many countries, chronic kidney disease patients attach much importance to serum creatinine, considering it as an important reference. However, internationally, creatinine is not as scientific as eGFR, for serum creatinine can be influenced by many other factors such as food which they take in, exercise, and even infection such as catching a cold or flu. 
According to eGFR (GFR), chronic kidney disease can be divided into 5 stages. The normal range of eGFR (GFR) is 80 to 120 mL/min/1.73m2. In addition, the index of GFR will decrease by 1 every year after persons are 40 years old. Wcan also say that the older we are, the lower the normal index of GFR will be. 
In stage 1, the GFR is more than 90 mL/min/1.73m2
In stage 2, the GFR is between 60 to 89 mL/min/1.73m2. In this stage, there is no symptom in clinic and the serum creatinine is also normal for the compensation ability of kidney. When there are some damaged kidney glomeruli, other heathy ones will do more work to finish the filtration. Sthe level of serum creatinine is normal in this stage. We can also say that, this stage is compensation stage. 
In stage 3, the GFR is between 30 to 59 mL/min/1.73m2. This stage can also be called discompensation stage for the healthy kidney glomeruli will also be damaged due to long time excessive work. 
In stage 4, the GFR is between 15 to 29 mL/min/1.73m2. At this time, patients come into renal failure stage, which indicates the function of kidney become to decline. 
In stage 5, the GFR is less than 15, which means that patients with chronic kidney disease have come into uremia stage, or advanced stage of renal failure. 

1 comment:

  1. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Brain Cancer,Lung Cancer,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheriaAmyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete